Data Enthusiast - Internship
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you'll do:
In support of our scenario based testing approach, you will help create a
comprehensive understanding of real world traffic. This knowledge is the central
pillar of our digital scenario based verification and validation strategy. You will be
responsible for the further improvement of our scenario identification pipeline.
- Run the pipeline and derive results
- Annotation of real world drive data
- Compare human annotated data to pipeline results
- Identify issues and improve the pipeline
- Develop new test cases to assure the quality of the pipeline
- Further development of our scenarios
- Derive statistics from real world drive data
Torc Internships provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is
all about. Our goal is to enable Interns to become full-time Torc’rs.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Full-time student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer
science, natural sciences, engineering or related field
- Advanced IT and programming skills
- Experience in data science and signal processing
- Strong analytic skills
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges and learn new skills
- Willingness to work in an international team
- Remote work is possible
- Proficiency in Python (especially in libraries such as Pandas and Numpy)
- Experience in scenario based testing, traffic simulation, optimization and
software-in-the-loop (SIL) simulation
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.