Director of Global Technology Sourcing
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Director of Global Technology Sourcing is an experienced leader responsible for all activity related to sourcing of technology globally. Manages the relationship, total cost, and supplier strategies for all TORC’s direct and indirect technology needs. Guides business leaders from engineering, IT, Finance or other areas of the business globally through vendor sourcing and contracting and positively influences the on-going relationship to ensure vendor performance as well as compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements. Works collaboratively and helps optimize contracts and relationships to address needs for affiliated business units in conjunction with company requirements. Serves as a subject matter expert in the procured technology, including contractual terms, materials, negotiation, market, and competition. Executes on global strategic business decisions and enables expansion of TORC’s digitization and technology strategies that support TORC’s autonomous driving product.
What you'll do:
- Sets strategy related to vendor assessments, sourcing and contract terms and conditions to help ensure products or services acquired are delivered on time, with optimal quality, value and costs.
- Sets policies and methodologies for sourcing new products or services, approving vendors, and determining when products should be sourced to a single vendor or to multiple vendors to provide for a stable, consistent, and sustainable supply chain operation
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to understand operational demand, supplier partner trends, and financial information related to total cost of ownership while identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Develops processes by which vendors are evaluated and selected in accordance with company policies, strategy and regulatory requirements including applicable warranties, indemnities, etc. which provide the appropriate level of protection to TORC
- Seeks synergy opportunities to leverage strategies through all TORC business units globally
- Coordinates and maintains contracts and other legal agreements for the business
- Executes performance monitoring for all external vendors
- Acts upon gathered performance data and provides regular feedback to the business units and/or Leadership to ensure strong vendor performance as well as quality
- Establishes SLA and metrics dashboard including quality measurements for vendors; reviews and evaluates internal and external Service Level Agreements to identify areas of improvement; and identifies and manages risks and critical path items
- Lead the development of a Global Strategic Sourcing function. Guide the team to set, track, and achieve goals aligned with companywide vision, goals, and initiatives
- Provide up-to-date guidance and direction to employees to ensure compliance with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, guidelines, and management principles
- In partnership with People Operations, supervisory responsibilities include leading continuous team goal setting, career pathing and professional development, tracking competencies, employee team building and training, performance management, work prioritization, resource management and controlling expenses, and reinforces systems, policies, and procedures. Trains staff, maintains training records, ensures appropriate and continuous training. Proactive change and conflict management in support of Torc’s core values
- Identify future growth plan to support organizational needs and partner with People Operations and Talent Acquisition to lead organizational development; includes recruiting, screening, interviewing, selection, hiring and onboarding processes. Recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations. Manages any problems and concerns to closure
- Accomplishes department objectives by supervising employees and organizing and monitoring work processes with the highest degree of quality and safety
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong preference for an MBA or Juris Doctor degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience within IT, Sourcing, program management, commodity management or in a related role involving negotiating transactions, identifying synergy opportunities, selecting suppliers and/or implementing contracts
- Strong preference for at least (i) 5 years of functional Sourcing experience, with purchasing experience and advanced knowledge specifically in Information Technology and software licensing agreements (ii) experience with sourcing systems and processes and (iii) familiarity with legal terminology and risk mitigation.
- Solid track record of project leadership and execution with significant and impactful results
- Accustomed to working autonomously, as well as with global cross-functional teams, executive business leaders, vendors, and maintaining relationships with internal clients.
- Understanding of data privacy laws and enforcement technologies
- Understanding of lifecycle for enterprise applications, agile and software development life cycle processes, as well as software and software as a service business models
- Experienced in vendor management processes including agreement negotiations and vendor performance monitoring
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Exceptional change agent with professional and consultative communication skills and advanced ability to effectively facilitate and influence others
- Strong vendor management, negotiating, influencing, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly evolved business acumen, possess strong analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to lead or be a strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources to implement business strategies both cross-functionally and globally.
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.