Senior HR Business Partner
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Build and maintain supportive relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an advocate for employees. Responsibilities include policy interpretation and application, employee relations, employee performance, immigration and compensation consultation. Additional responsibilities include organizational design, employee development initiatives and training.
What you'll do:
- Strategic partner to management to anticipate, identify, and plan workforce and overall human resources-related needs
- Advise management on relevant issues to the business including, but not limited to, compensation, sponsorship, employee relations, external conditions such as talent availability current labor market conditions, immigration policy changes, etc
- In partnership with Legal, Finance, compensation advisor, immigration specialist, TA, or other stakeholders communicates relevant information related to the business
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary
- Interpret and provide HR policy guidance to company management and employees. Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees. Collaborate with the legal department when necessary
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures with appropriate documentation and follow-up
- In partnership with managers, identify ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost engagement and retention. Research strategies and resources to enhance these opportunities for quick and effective initiation
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations. Ensure a thorough investigation and documentation for minimal loss to the company
- Create appropriate documentation for promotions, transfers, and new hires in collaboration with Talent Acquisition, Legal, Compensation Advisor and department management
- Consults with managers to assist in organization design, planning, and restructuring. Provides input on workforce and succession planning
- Provides consultative services to managers on performance management processes. Reviews and offers feedback on performance evaluations
- Partners with the Legal team on any compliance and employee relations issues
- Partners with the Facilities and Occupational Safety Manager on workplace safety or employee threat issues
- Consult regularly with management and provide guidance when appropriate. Conduct weekly meetings to check in with each department; coach managers as needed.
- Work with People Ops team on initiatives needed to support the organization. Examples may include policy design, communication and implementation; Employee Handbook revisions; system/process implementation and communication, onboarding and benefits improvements
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business, communications, or related field of study.
- Human Resources certification such as SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SHRM-CP, etc
- 8+ years of progressive experience in human resources function, demonstrating increased levels of responsibility and decision making; 5+ years as HR Business Partner, HR Consultant, or HR Manager preferred.
- Must have prior experience in organizational assessment and development, classification and compensation programs, employee performance management, and employee relations and investigations
- Experience working with a sponsored workforce including broad working knowledge of U.S. immigration policies and processes
- Experience with change management practices highly desired
- Experience working within a software development or engineering-related function is highly preferred
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.