Fleet Training Intern
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a Co-op/Intern to help develop, collect data for and provide overall assistance for the IFTD Training Program.
As part of the IFTD Training Team, you will be able to:
- Help develop training presentations for the IFTD program.
- Collect and store data.
- Develop training process documentation.
- Operate a Document Management System (DMS) such as Ideagen.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in editing and developing training materials and supporting documentation.
- Provide support in coordinating internal training.
- Collaborate and perform miscellaneous project work and other duties as assigned.
- Organize training materials and assist with training performance tracking.
- Support in the development and implementation of comprehensive onboarding framework.
- Help with collaboration with operations to assist in training needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence.
- Produce training material with real life examples in the form of pdf, video, and other design alternatives.
- Preparing training aids such as agendas, instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids.
- Building online training surveys and analyzing data accessed.
- Metric tracking for onboarding and certification training.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Knowledge of MS office programs is essential.
- Self-directed, creative, and willing to learn.
- Ability to take quick and immediate action in a flexible working environment.
- Working towards a degree in Learning & Development, Technical Writing, Training, Industrial Engineering, Education, Technical Graphic Design, or other Technical Fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including creation of formal presentations.
- Exceptional time management skills, public speaking skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to completing team goals in a fast-paced environment by utilizing a diverse skill set.
- Start Date: 10/1/2023 (Tentative)
- Location(s): Albuquerque, NM
- Duration: At least one semester, with possibility for multiple semester extensions based on evaluation.
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.