Fleet Training Co-op
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the team:
As a Fleet Training Co-op, you will work closely with the Fleet Training team, which holds responsibility for development, implementation, training, auditing, and administration of the safety conductor and safety driver programs as well as other fleet training programs.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a fleet training co-op to help create, edit, and publish training materials for Fleet Operations training programs.
As part of the Fleet Training team, you will be able to
- Assist in editing and developing training materials and supporting documentation.
- Provide support in coordinating internal training.
- Collaborate and perform miscellaneous project work and other duties as assigned.
- Organize training materials and assist with training performance tracking.
- Support in the development and implementation of comprehensive onboarding framework.
- Help with collaboration with operations to assist in training needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence.
- Produce training material with real life examples in the form of video, PowerPoint, SCORM, Workday courses, and other design alternatives.
- Preparing training aids such as agendas, instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids.
- Building online training surveys and analyzing data accessed.
- Metric tracking for onboarding and certification training.
- Assist the Safety Conductor Program Manager in tracking and reporting of Safety Conductor training in Trimble Transportation Management Software (TMS) and Workday.
- Work closely with the Technical Writing team to ensure that all supporting documentation is kept current and accurate.
Torc Co-op positions provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is
all about. Our goal is to enable Co-ops to become full-time Torc’rs.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Working towards a degree in Learning & Development, Technical Writing, Training, Industrial Engineering, Education, Technical Graphic Design, Business, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of MS office programs is essential.
- Self-directed, creative, and willing to learn.
- Ability to take quick and immediate action in a flexible working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including creation of formal presentations.
- Exceptional time management skills, public speaking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute to completing team goals in a fast-paced environment by utilizing a diverse skill set.
- Experience with electronic course material development in formats such as SCORM, Articulate/Rise, or Workday Learning Management System.
- Start Date: Fall 2023
- Role Timeline: Fall 2023 with potential to extend.
- Location(s): Blacksburg, VA
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.