Public Relations Co-Op
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the team:
Our team is comprised of a public relations manager, social media manager, and public relations agency. The team sits within the Marketing and Communication (MarComm) department.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a public relations intern in support of Torc’s Marketing Communications team. The team works to create collateral and support events for Torcs product, which is software that enables L4+ autonomous driving.
As part of the Marketing Communications team, you will be able to
- write press releases, blogs, and social media content
- create MarComm team all hands meeting collateral and byline articles
- research autonomous technology & competitors
- rotate within MarComm to work with the following teams: internal comms, content, social media, events, & product marketing.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Enrolled in undergraduate studies
- Role requirements
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and pivot quickly
- Collaborative style and high emotional intelligence
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Interest in learning about autonomous technology
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong storytelling skills
- Attending weekly meetings
- Working up to 20 hours/week
- Write a weekly report
- Balancing classes & internship
- Interest Technology
- Start Date: January 2024
- Role Timeline: One semester, possibility to extend into the summer based on performance.
- Location(s): Blacksburg, VA; Austin, TX; Albuquerque, NM or Remote
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.