Staff Engineer (m/f/d), Generative AI
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Are you ready to revolutionize the automotive industry with the next wave of artificial intelligence? The Advanced Engineering team at TORC is paving the way for the next generation of autonomous vehicles. As we harness the power of end-to-end neural networks and modular designs, we're looking for a skilled and experienced Generative AI Engineer. In this role, you will be at the forefront of innovation, applying your expertise to develop advanced generative models that enhance various aspects of autonomous driving, including scenario generation, sensor modelling, and behavior generation.
- Develop, refine, and optimize foundational models for our autonomous vehicle systems, leveraging the extensive TORC database.
- Collaborate with the deep learning specialists and data teams to ensure seamless integration of foundational models with our innovative AV stacks.
- Analyze and extract valuable insights from TORC's database, translating these into actionable enhancements for our foundational models.
- Foster a continual feedback loop with other teams, ensuring that the models are adaptive, robust, and efficient for real-world AV applications.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of advancements in machine learning and foundational model development, ensuring TORC remains at the forefront of AV innovation.
- Advocate for best practices in model development, data management, and optimization, ensuring the highest standards of quality and performance.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in differentiable optimization, ensuring our AV stack remains at the forefront of innovation.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Robotics, or related fields.
- Proven expertise in developing and optimizing foundational models for complex systems, preferably within the domain of autonomous vehicles or robotics.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data analytics, database management, and data-driven model development.
- Proficiency in Python, ROS, and familiarity with major deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with a knack for translating data insights into actionable model improvements.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, enabling efficient teamwork across various departments.
- Experience working with databases specific to autonomous vehicle systems or similar domains.
- Scholarly publications related to foundational model development, data analytics, or large-scale machine learning n high tier conferences as CVPR, ICCV, ICRA, IROS, NeurIPS ...
- Prior experience with end-to-end neural network designs or modular autonomous driving perception components.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art strategies for model deployment and optimization in real-world settings.
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.