Total Rewards Analyst
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
Supports Total Rewards Team by functioning as the back-up to Payroll Manager as needed to ensure accurate and timely processing of domestic and international payrolls; answers operational questions for employees and outside parties; serves as payroll subject-matter-expert in absence of Payroll Manager. In addition, conducts special Compensation and Benefits projects; supports program administration; identifies areas for process enhancement/recommends and implements approved solutions; provides project team support for strategic and operational Total Rewards and Payroll initiatives. Maintains confidential/private employee documents and records such as but not limited to income, tax deductions, benefits deductions, garnishments, levies, back pay, variable and premium pay, bonuses, etc.
What you'll do:
- In the absence of the Payroll Manager, responsible for the processing of global payroll and the resolution of payroll-related issues including interacting with Finance team and third-party payroll vendors to ensure accurate payroll processing for domestic and international payrolls; interprets and maintains payroll policies and procedures.
- In partnership with Payroll Manager, Benefits Advisor, Human Resource Business Partners, HRIS, Finance and internal/external contacts and vendors, creates and manages payroll-related project plans and activities in areas such as but not limited to processing of base pay and scheduled bonuses, special bonuses and /or market adjustments, etc. Communicates with project members and all affected employees to ensure common understanding
- Working under limited supervision, maintains and oversees company payroll systems and ensures all payments are accurate, on time, and in compliance with federal and state guidelines; reviews payroll data and documents for inefficiencies and errors based on hours worked, and supplemental pay is accurate. Oversee payroll transactions such as wire and electronic banking transfers, W-2 forms, 1099 forms, etc
- Audits payroll-related data and verifies compliance with all applicable parties; stays current with changes in the law and shares implications to affected department and/or parties
- In partnership with Benefits Advisor, Human Resource Business Partners, HRIS, Finance and internal/external contacts and vendors, creates and manages compensation and benefits related project plans and activities in areas such as but not limited to tracking and reporting team metrics, base pay, bonus and stock plan administration, job analysis and market pricing, health and welfare benefits, short and long-term disability/leave, retirement benefits
- Completes and manages government reporting requirements for compensation and benefits) (i.e., 5500 completions, 401(k) audit, Workers Compensation, State Disability filings requirements, etc.)
- Researches and reconciles employee benefits withholdings and employer contributions; reconciles and processes vendor invoices; recommends enhancements to existing processes; and supports audit requests
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, Business Management, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of Payroll experience
- Experience with Workday or a similar system required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to create and/or proofread documents and reports for diverse audiences
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated team orientation and collaborative style. • Time management and organizational skills to plan, develop, coordinate resources, prioritize effectively, and maintain competing demands simultaneously with frequent interruptions and in a fast - paced environment.
- Ability to ethically handle sensitive and confidential information with impartiality and professionalism
- Position may require transportation to locations outside the main complex. Valid US Driver’s license with a safe driving record required
- Requires continuous technical education and training with a passion for knowledge in the field of study to maintain the highest level of knowledge, ingenuity, and creative thinking.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation strongly preferred
- 5 years of combined experience in payroll and total rewards is highly preferred
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.