Senior Software Engineer - C++/OOP
About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Meet the Team:
The Compute Foundation Health & Safety team provides the Health Monitoring platform for the autonomous trucks. We monitor & aggregate the hardware and software component faults to pass to the virtual driver to make decisions during missions. Every Autonomy SW team at Torc uses our framework for their fault management.
What you’ll do:
In this role, we are looking for a strong foundation in Software Engineering and best practices (C++/OOP), algorithmic and architecture design experience. The framework this team works on is used by every team on the virtual driver (autonomy software development teams.) You will lead the redesign and implementation of this framework. You have the desire to mentor less experienced developers on C++ development and best practices. In this role you will perform development activities to include, but not limited to, software architecture, design, coding, unit testing, integration, deployment and maintenance. Clearly communicate daily status on assigned activities and follow company policies and procedures.
- Execute full software development lifecycle activities using C++ in an Agile Linux environment
- Provide Technical Mentoring within Software Team
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or engineering equivalent with 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong foundation in Software Engineering and best practices
- Strong C++/OOP programming skills
- Experience writing components from scratch, architecture and design
- Ability to proactively mentor less experienced developers
- Good spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Masters degree with 7 years of relevant industry experience OR
- PhD with 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with Embedded Software
- Experience with NVIDIA ORiN
- Industry Experience in Robotics/Autonomy
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.