Associate Director, International Student Recruitment - Middle East/GCC/MENA Regions
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. With an exceptional team from around the world and speaking more than 75 languages, our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values, such as Caring About Each Other, Innovating and Improving, and Making Work Fun, propel us forward together and continuously strengthen our engaging culture. We are in growth mode and are looking to empower passionate and exceptionally talented team members.
ApplyBoard is looking to hire an Associate Director, International Student Recruitment, to help drive our ongoing expansion efforts in the Middle East/GCC and parts of the MENA region. We are looking for a strong leader who understands the diversity of these Markets and can further our mission of educating the world. The person best suited for this role will bring proven experience, strategic thinking and strong leadership experience to help the team further expand existing business and also grow new business, ensuring market share and profitability. This role will be responsible for managing overall operations, recruiting staff and creating marketing and sales plans while staying within budget. They will also develop and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and progress reports to ensure the team's targets are being met or exceeded.
What you'll be doing every day:
- Lead a team of sales professionals
- Set targets, performance plans, and rigorous objective standards for sales representatives
- Meet with reps one-on-one weekly to review performance, progress, and targets. Mentor, guide and help them continuously improve / think strategically
- Deliver deep performance reviews for each individual rep per quarter, per year
- Coach individual sales representatives one-on-one using value added sales methods, strong account support and prospecting within the accounts
- Work closely with reps to help them improve sales performance
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it correctly
- Ensure that reps use sales technologies, such as a CRM (HubSpot), correctly.
- Ensure that reps follow their daily tasks, such as follows up with the customer and doing the assigned task by another team correctly
- Plan and implement training programs
- Hold regular skills training sessions with internal or external sales trainers.
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train new sales reps
- Unite the team: Ensure reps work as a positive unit and share their best practices
- Set a good example for the team by leading by example
- Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use good communication, and deliver results effectively
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Report any conflict of interest for sales representatives that occur
- Determine and assign sales quotas, targets, and/or goals
- Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue and for multiple sales territories
- Develop sales strategies to help drive continuous growth with customers and in some cases, acquire new customers
- Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership
- Analyze sales data on sales results and develop plans to address performance gaps
- Collaborate with marketing executives to develop lead generation plants
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Plan, strategize, hire and grow underdeveloped or new regions
What you bring to the table:
- 7-10 years or more of experience in sales roles - Account Management and Business Development with companies of various size
- Strong knowledge of the Middle East / GCC / MENA Regions - education industry experience is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing a sales team with a track record of quota achievement and growth
- Experience with building and implementing a Go-to-Market strategy
- Having a successful track record of B2B sales
- Experience in creating and implementing administrative process documentation, designs, and other related technical materials that have made a sales team more efficient
- Experience creating and rolling out training manuals for sales and recruitment agents
- Experience in managing client escalations/Client Objection Handling
- Be hands-on with creating marketing collateral
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar budget
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement
Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 1,500 team members based in over 25 countries, who speak more than 75 languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 300,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020.
ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and 2021 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
ApplyBoard is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations or assistance during the recruitment process, please let us know.