Director of Sales, International Student Recruitment - Africa/MENA Regions
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions on one intuitive and personalized platform. ApplyBoard is a mission-driven, hyper-growth organization. It has been attracting dedicated individuals for more than eight years who are inspired every day to break down barriers to international education and take their careers to new heights at a company that will invest in their career growth. Our six core values are our compass in our mission to Educate the World and the foundation of our unique company culture. As an organization built on a foundation of diversity, it’s important that our team members are representative of the students from more than 140 countries that we support.
ApplyBoard is looking for a seasoned Director of Sales - Africa/MENA region who will be responsible for helping lead the Sales Managers/Sales Team, help further grow existing markets and help expand into new markets through strategy and collaboration. You will be working closely with all aspects of sales, sales operations and marketing to ensure strategic alignment across all three functions. The successful candidate will be a highly organized sales professional who has experience defining and running similar initiatives.
Our Director of Sales will report directly to the Sr. Director, and indirectly to the CRO. You will be responsible for leading the sales and partnering closely throughout the organization with sales, sales operations, marketing and global leadership, learning & talent development functions. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience building, leading, managing & developing a high-impact and high-output team and solutions in a dynamic working environment. Our ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader and team player, with hands-on experience supporting sales methodology, the sales life cycle, technical selling tools, processes and salesperson effectiveness. While industry experience may not be required, you will bring with you a lot of experience in the areas listed above. You will also need to demonstrate/highlight you have the ability to learn the In’s and Out’s of the industry quickly and effectively.
What you'll be doing every day:
- Leads the creation and deployment of appropriate training, learning content/sales messaging, processes, and practices to support the sales and partnership teams.
- Develop Sales LE's vision, operating principles, strategy, approach and performance goals, in alignment with ApplyBoard's goal alignment methodology, delivering against unified Sales & Marketing vision, strategy and plan.
- Supports product launches by preparing and enabling the sales and partnership team to understand and sell ApplyBoard’s solutions.
- Attract, develop, engage, coach and retain a world-class Sales Team to deliver effective and innovative learning experiences, processes and tools to enhance and sustain substantial growth in line with our business objectives.
- Responsible for aspects of foundational and continuous learning programs for sales, including but not limited to training content creation, scheduling and coordination, creation and deployment or delivery of sales training
- Supports the sales and partnership processes at all stages
- Supports frontline sales managers and sales leadership team in executing effective management disciplines and establishing a sales coaching program.
- Partners with global leadership, learning & talent development functions to co-develop and execute effective leadership and management practices and establish a sales coaching culture and program.
- Manages various sales projects and coordinates sales activities.
- Enable sales team to train external end-users through content creation, training, messaging, and best practices.
- Responsible for tracking and analysis of internal and external sales training and content usage.
What you bring to the table:
- Previous work experience as a Senior Leader/Director of Sales in a high-growth company, preferably within the technology and/or education sector
- 7+ years experience in sales learning leadership with increasing responsibility including leading a sales and client-facing team in a hyper-growth environment
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and evaluating the performance and learning effectiveness metrics; reporting on the impact of sales enablement resources, learning solutions and tools
- Knowledge of selling tools, instructional design tools and learning management systems (eg. Salesforce, Workday Learning, Zunos, Articulate etc)
- Effective relationship management skills with demonstrated ability to influence and positively partner with others
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,750 institutions across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Ireland. Headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, and with an additional operational office in Gurugram, India, ApplyBoard has helped more than 600,000 students from over 150 countries fulfill their study abroad dreams since 2015.
In 2022, Deloitte named ApplyBoard one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Canada for the fourth consecutive year, ranking #30 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and #170 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list. ApplyBoard ranked on LinkedIn’s 2022 Top Startups List in Canada in 2020, 2021, and 2022 and was recognized as CIX’s Innovator of the Year 2022 and the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 Ontario Winner. In 2023, ApplyBoard India was Great Place to Work® Institute (India) certified for outstanding employee experience and workplace culture.
Thank you for your interest in joining ApplyBoard on our mission to Educate the World. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
ApplyBoard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.