Education Credential Specialist
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions on one intuitive and personalized platform. ApplyBoard is a mission-driven, hyper-growth organization. It has been attracting dedicated individuals for more than eight years who are inspired every day to break down barriers to international education and take their careers to new heights at a company that will invest in their career growth. Our six core values are our compass in our mission to Educate the World and the foundation of our unique company culture. As an organization built on a foundation of diversity, it’s important that our team members are representative of the students from more than 140 countries that we support.
Having accurate admission requirements is one of the most critical factors for successful student enrollment. As the requirements can be dynamically changing and affected by various factors, we have a need to designate a resource to ensure the accuracy of the Admission Requirements at all times.
What you’ll be doing every day:
● Research the partner school program admission requirements info to build up the requirements database;
● Monitor and analyze the application results on a daily basis in order to keep the information database accurate and most up to date;
● Respond to requirements related inquiries from other teams/departments in a timely manner;
● Advise other teams/departments in the student’s eligibility checking, international credential and transcripts reading to support the customer’s application journey;
● Investigate the feedback received from different stakeholders for continuous improvements on accuracy, efficiency and productivity;
● Research different education systems/curriculum to build up and maintain the knowledge database to keep the information accurate and most up to date;
● Build up and maintain the relationship with partner schools via different communication channels including virtual and/or in-office meetings, email conversations, training sessions, etc;
What you bring to the table:
● Knowledge of different country education systems other than Canada and US;
● 1-2 years of related practical experience in international students application process and/or education credential evaluation;
● Excellent adaptability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and in-demanding environment, deliver work with high quality and meet tight deadlines;
● Strong skills in multitasking, task prioritization, and attention to detail;
● Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and ability to respond and problem solve with tact, diplomacy, discretion and professionalism;
● Ability to work both independently and with a team in either remote or in-office environment;
● Experience using Google, Jira ticketing system, etc;
● Minimum Associates Degree (Bachelor Degree preferred);
● Reading and speaking proficiency in a language other than English is an asset.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,750 institutions across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Ireland. Headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, and with an additional operational office in Gurugram, India, ApplyBoard has helped more than 600,000 students from over 150 countries fulfill their study abroad dreams since 2015.
In 2022, Deloitte named ApplyBoard one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Canada for the fourth consecutive year, ranking #30 on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and #170 on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list. ApplyBoard ranked on LinkedIn’s 2022 Top Startups List in Canada in 2020, 2021, and 2022 and was recognized as CIX’s Innovator of the Year 2022 and the EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 Ontario Winner. In 2023, ApplyBoard India was Great Place to Work® Institute (India) certified for outstanding employee experience and workplace culture.
Thank you for your interest in joining ApplyBoard on our mission to Educate the World. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
ApplyBoard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.