Senior Customer Success Manager
Senior Customer Success Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Customer Experience
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed in your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product, including willingness to tackle projects head on. You have 5+ years of experience in software implementation and customer success with a proven track record of managing or supporting complex projects. You have excellent interpersonal skills and time management capabilities. The CSM needs to have a clear understanding of the entire customer lifecycle, and will play an active role during the implementation process in order to have a good understanding of the customer’s existing processes and how they translate to the Ascent Platform. An understanding of financial services and how Compliance, Risk, and Legal departments function is preferred but not required.
- Partner with the Sales, Product and Compliance teams to play an integral role in the post sales process with Ascent customers.
- Build a good understanding of customers’ needs to allow for an easy transition from sales to implementation and through long-term ongoing support. During the transition process, convey awareness of which features the customer has expressed an interest in order to help achieve the customer’s goals.
- Ensure that all customer feedback is received and escalated to the appropriate team to ensure delivery of customer objectives
- Maintain healthy customer engagement levels by identifying low utilization and providing solutions to further drive customer success
- Use analytics to track customer engagement and their experience. See what features the customer is using and provide guidance on alternate solutions when applicable.
- Be an expert on the Ascent platform and have an in-depth knowledge of our product and features.
- Be a solutions expert for our customers – Always seek new ways for Ascent to make the customer’s life easier
- Possess a solid understanding of financial services and how Compliance, Risk and Legal departments function, preferred not required
- Comfortable proposing and implementing creative ideas and solutions
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Establish rapport and building strong relationships with customers and Ascent employees across all teams within the company
- Manage multiple engagements and work on cross-functional teams in a fast-moving environment, while maintaining devotion to detail-oriented work
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build sincere business relationships and deal effectively with relational challenges if they occur
- Excellent knowledge of change management principles
- Promote positivity in everyday interactions with customers and employees alike
- Serve as a primary point of contact for your portfolio of customers
- 5+ years of Customer Success/Customer Support experience within Technology or Saas Solutions company
- Collaborative mindset with a willingness and capacity to learn and problem solve
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently as needed
- Proven experience to manage difficult conversations with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in process improvement
- Prior experience with analytics software; Having knowledge in pulling reports and manipulating data in order to gather valuable insights into the customer experience
- Knowledge of customer support processes, tools, and technologies including JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk, and/or any SCM systems
- Experience working with CRM software
- Understanding of the Financial Services industry as it relates to Compliance, Risk and/or Legal is a plus
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Parental care leave
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
Who we Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup backed by investors, strongly capitalized for aggressive growth. The team has since grown to 30 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.