Product Manager; Member Experience
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is available in 40+ states and has expanded beyond dental. Beam is now simplifying and modernizing a robust suite of ancillary employee benefits through an intuitive digital platform, self-service tools, AI-powered pricing, support from Beam’s helpful representatives, and a unique Beam Perks™ rewards program. This winning combination allows us to deliver a simple, smart, and wellness-focused experience for brokers, employers, and members.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For
Our members team oversees the entire member journey at Beam and builds compelling innovative member-focused experiences. We are responsible for enrollment, registration, core consumer experiences, our mobile app, and hardware. With our design, research, operations, and engineering teams, we collaborate to improve activation, monetization, and engagement for our members.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our members team and help craft multiple areas within our roadmap. This product manager will focus on helping build tools to boost awareness and understanding of benefits offered by employers. Roughly, 20% of employees decide to decline coverage due to a lack of communication. This role has an opportunity to help shift that number.
What You Will Bring
You are an experienced, data-informed Product Manager that has built a diverse set of technical and customer-centric products. You have a passion for research and discovery in the product life cycle. You have experience speaking for internal and external customers and love turning their voices into products that meet the stakeholder needs and add value to the business overall. You have worked in an agile environment and know how to turn ideas into epics that can be broken down and delivered by technical and design teams.
What You Will Do
- Build and expand Beam’s user experiences across mobile apps and the web
- Collaborate with other member-focused teams to build a cohesive member experience from benefit selection to enrollment
- Envision and then build a modern benefits experience for companies
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to understand the needs of both internal and external customers
- Articulate company goals as outcome-based product proposals, considering both technical and design criteria
- Research and develop product strategy from the ground up in your area of focus
- Develop, manage, and adapt product roadmap to meet OKRs
- Partner with engineering managers, designers, researchers, and developers to build products (green-field or iterations of current features)
- Create measurement mechanisms to ensure continued success and iteration of released features
- Coordinate product launches with cross-functional teams such as marketing, client success, and sales
- Work with other product team members to build a scalable yet always improving process to ensure successful product development cycles
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Successful track record of driving and delivering “0-1” initiatives
- Experience working in a customer-centric, product-focussed organization
- Experience being the voice of the customer in an organization through the authoring of user personas and stories, requirements documentation, and product specs
- Experience partnering with multiple stakeholders across organizations including marketing, customer support, finance or design
- Familiarity with data tools such as Looker and Google Analytics
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
See more open positions at Beam Dental
Something looks off?