IT, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for a Data Analyst who exemplifies a passion for data analysis and storytelling and can be a strong partner to both business and technical teams. Data is one of our largest assets at Beam, and this role is crucial in delivering valuable insights that will empower the organization. This person will work with leadership to better understand our business challenges and become a subject matter expert in our data to produce the most beneficial analysis.
What you will bring
You’re a growing, detail-oriented data analyst who thrives on challenges and will tackle any project. You have a passion for data and love digging in to find insights. You have experience with Revenue and Operational Analytics and solid business acumen. You’re capable of working independently and alongside others to learn and grow from your team members. You’re never done learning and are always striving to improve yourself, your team, and your product.
What You Will Do
- Exemplify a passion for data and possess the ability to transform it into actionable insights.
- Partner with Claims, Customer Operations, and Finance leadership to consult on business challenges and make data driven recommendations.
- Analyze large data sets and glean insights to deliver to stakeholders with little direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a high attention to detail and ability to ask clarifying questions to ensure accuracy of analysis.
- Display a high level of business acumen and strong communication skills to deliver effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with other analysts on best-practices to uplift team knowledge and performance
- Partner with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) teams to ensure cross-functional alignment and drive collaborative initiatives within the revenue space
- Generate and interpret descriptive & predictive statistics to make business recommendations
What Skill Will Help You Be Successful
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics
- BA/BS degree in a quantitatively focused discipline; Masters or PhD is a plus
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience building data visualizations using BI tools like Tableau or Looker
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller with strong client-facing data presentation skills
- Analytical, rigorous, and creative approach to solving difficult problems
- Experience with predictive analysis and statistical methods is a plus
- Experience using R or Python is a plus
- Prior experience in the insurance industry is a plus
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.