Sales & Business Development
Columbus, OH, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We Are Looking For
The Sales Director will manage a team of quota carrying Market Development Executives, create best practices for organization, broker outreach, and sales effectiveness. The role reports to the Senior Director of Sales.
What You Will Bring
You have been a top performing, quota carrying sales person (hopefully in a B2B and commoditized industry) and have some management experience. You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, and have a great deal of hustle. You are equally comfortable crafting new pitches as you are diagnosing sales performance through reporting.
What You Will Do
- Hire, manage, and coach a team of hunters as they scale markets for Beam
- Create activity and results quotas
- Articulate the sales strategy and report on results
- Take a data driven and common sense approach to decision making
- Coach on best practices and organizational discipline
- Use existing and create new reporting to help identify and resolve issues around sales performance, pricing issues, and market penetration
- Manage several large Enterprise relationships with National Broker Partners
- Meet quarterly/annual sales goals.
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- Quota carrying sales experience and a history of top performance inB2B or channel sales. Employee Benefits experience is a BIG plus.
- Previous experience in a sales management role, consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Impeccable communication, presentation, persuasion skills.
- Motivation to win and drive to achieve.
- Personable, compassionate, and enthusiastic
- Confident enough to test, fail, and try again.
- Ability to secure your Life & Health license within 90 days of start date
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.