Regulatory Management Compliance Sr. Analyst
Columbus, OH, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for a highly motivated compliance professional to join our Compliance team. The individual will report to our Compliance Director and will assist in the administration of Beam’s Compliance Management Program. You will be primarily responsible for the regulatory change management process. This includes the identification, evaluation, and implementation of new or amended rules and regulations, adherence to contractual and administrative guidelines, and assist in the development of internal policies and procedures.
What You Will Bring
- Apply a structured process and lead regulatory change management activities
- Support communication efforts
- Design, development, delivery and management of key communications to internal clients
- Respond to ad-hoc compliance requests from various internal and external partners, including the creation of action plans in response to regulatory changes
- Collaborate with external partners to ensure compliance with new and amended Federal and State regulations; Assess the change impact
- Proactively identify and evaluate new and amended Federal and State regulations for applicability; Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders
- Evaluate policy, procedures, training, and processes with respect to regulatory requirements
- Support training efforts regarding regulatory changes; Support adherence to administrative guidelines and contractual requirements; Assist in preparation of reporting to senior leadership and the Board of Directors
- Other duties as assigned
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. At least 2 years professional work experience assessing Federal and State regulations within a regulatory or compliance function. Working knowledge of State/Federal Insurance laws, Privacy and Security laws and industry best practices, specifically GLBA, CPRA, and HIPAA/HITECH.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for contact with internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and highly motivated
- Excellent ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data and regulatory law
- Organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and reporting tools
- Passionate about compliance
- Able to interface with key stakeholders to execute regulatory changes
- Ability to identify gaps and drive solutions
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.