Risk Strategy & Analytics Manager
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Articulate short and long term risk roadmap needs, and co-own execution with Product and Engineering Teams
- Ability to influence risk vision as it pertains to crafting automated solutions to balance a good user experience while mitigating risks
- Routine monitoring and reporting of loss across all of Branch’s products
- Cross functional internal discussions to establish and maintain guidelines, procedures, and common tracking and reporting
- Growing the team’s technical leadership and contributing technical guidance where useful
- External discussions with vendors, banks, and partners to optimize workflows and policies
- Consultation and advisement around “white glove” opportunities as it relates to empowering our users
- Ongoing mentoring/coaching to direct reports
- Consistent review and improvement of tools, vendors, workflows, and queues
- Discussions with vendors to ensure continuous positive ROI and identify opportunities for automation and scaling
- Proven experience leading an Analytics or Data Science Team and working cross-functionally on strategic objectives
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree, preferably in quantitative field (Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics) or prior experience with statistical modeling, data analysis, and visualization tools
- Experience with datasets in applied machine learning applications; strong working knowledge of SQL, R, Python
- Excellent analytical skills to leverage data to prioritize deliverables, create strategic roadmap, optimize risk logic, and set up structures to ensure that ML models can be leveraged
- Proven experience in building, developing and maintaining reporting, guidelines, and operating procedures
- Demonstrated ability to execute on (and improve upon) documented risk frameworks and to identify gaps, issues and areas for improvement across Branch’s products and services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support multiple Risk Teams across Branch’s organization; to apply enterprise-wide frameworks to specific business needs (KYB, KYC, etc)
- Strong ability to work independently and highly motivated to work in a fast paced and changing environment keeping multiple tasks/projects on track
- ACH, Credit, and/or Debit domain expertise; experience working in the Fintech space is preferred
- Proven passion for learning and development - you are a perpetual learner who is energized by learning new information and excited about fostering an environment of continual growth
- Work from anywhere (domestic USA)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, Top Workplaces USA, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/culture
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.