Senior Cloud Engineer (GCP)
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
Our technology infrastructure is critical to our business operations, and we are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer with GCP experience and observability experience to join our team.
- Design, implement, and maintain our cloud infrastructure in GCP.
- Work with other members of the technology team to ensure that our cloud infrastructure is scalable, secure, and highly available.
- Implement and maintain observability tools and processes to ensure that we can monitor our systems and applications effectively.
- Implement and maintain automation tools and processes to streamline our infrastructure and self heal when production incidents arise.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide support for our cloud infrastructure and observability tools.
- Ensure that our cloud infrastructure is compliant with relevant security and regulatory standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in cloud infrastructure and observability.
- Own e2e process and tooling for incident response and ensure accurate, reliable and proactive monitoring for the application stack.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Professional, expert level experience in cloud infrastructure engineering (preferably GCP) with minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience with observability tools and processes, such as monitoring, logging, and tracing.
- Strong experience in at least one programming/scripting language such as Python, Bash, Java, or Go.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 on call rotation
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and Git.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or Chef.
- Previous experience in a 24/7 on call environment
- Remote work culture (domestic USA)
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about