Vice President, Sales & Marketing
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Our Chicago office has reopen, but Civis remains remote-first.
Civis Analytics is a data science technology company headquartered in Chicago and backed by leading investors (including Drive Capital, Eric Schmidt, Alumni Ventures, Verizon, and WPP).
Civis is seeking a Vice President, Sales & Marketing, to drive our next stage of growth and acquire customers for our data science products and services. The VP will lead Civis’s go-to-market strategy and manage a growing team of marketers, account executives, and account managers. This role will report to the COO as part of our senior leadership team.
- Go-to-market strategy, execution, and measurement: Identify target addressable markets and ideal customer profiles; tailor our messaging, targeting, and marketing campaigns;
- Marketing: Partner with our Director and team of digital, content, and product marketers to drive demand generation.
- User community: Create a community for Civis public good customers to share insights and best practices with each other, and to share feedback with Civis.
- Partnerships: Pursue strategic partnerships (e.g., consultants, agencies, vendors) to increase channel sales.
- Public relations: Implement an earned media strategy that highlights Civis, its products, and its people in national and trade press and events.
- Revenue operations: Manage the sales & marketing funnel, tech stack, budgets and forecasts, metrics and reporting, training and development, and other team logistics.
The VP will bring experience leading a multi-channel, B2B enterprise sales, and marketing strategy from conception through implementation and sustained growth. They will have a track record of success within a rapidly growing technology company where resources may be constrained but impact is big. They will have recruited and developed a talented, diverse, and best-in-class team. Other expected experience or competencies include:
- Previous sales and marketing leadership roles with a complex, highly technical offering of enterprise products and services
- Impeccable communication and leadership ability, with both internal and external audiences
- In-depth and passionate understanding of data science
- Subject matter expertise in nonprofit, government, and consumer marketing
- Strong background in data management/analytics
- Proven ability to build, lead, and inspire remote teams
Who We Are
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.
Why Join Our Team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Something looks off?