Senior Client Business Partner
What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving business problems using person-level data. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
What we are looking for
Civis Analytics is seeking a Senior Client Business Partner to join our team! We are looking for someone with experience building, maintaining, and growing effective long-term relationships with our clients to deliver on goals for the retention and growth of the Civis book of business. In this role, you will work with Civis’ clients to understand the client’s business initiatives and challenges with the goal of enabling clients to derive value through the use of Civis’ customer analytics and data science software and solutions. The role requires an upbeat person who is passionate about helping clients and solving problems.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts and achieve revenue targets by securing renewals and increasing recurring revenue spend per account.
- Serve as primary relationship-owner with buyer personas in all portfolio accounts.
- Create demand for Civis’ products and services by developing trusted advisor relationships with key customer stakeholders, resellers, and partners; and by providing consistent updates and information about new products and capabilities.
- Establish and maintain a regular and organized cadence of engagement with customers to understand their needs, drive value with Civis’ products, deepen existing and develop new relationships, and link them to the Civis’ product and future opportunities.
- Educate and engage customer and partner contacts by using relevant data and other tactics to ensure the customer is getting maximum value from their partnership with Civis.
- Create client-specific account plans that deliver against goals and objectives, identifies key risks, and lays out a path towards future growth opportunities.
- Forecast and accurately track account activity through the stages of the sales process in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Civis’s offerings and services and proactively identify solutions and opportunities that address key needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7 years experience in Sales or Account Management preferably focusing on upsells and account expansions.
- Knowledge and experience with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Experience or familiarity selling via resellers and/or partners
- Highly organized self-starter who is able to prioritize in a high-demand environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and writing skills are required
- Experience or familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM systems
- Experience and familiarity with analytics and its applications within organizations
- All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review.
Why join our team?
- Salary: $100,000 base + variable
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact email@example.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.