Strategic Engagement Manager, Duolingo English Test, Canada
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test is an alternative to traditional high-stakes testing — through a Duolingo-style experience: convenient, fast, and affordable. Students interested in studying abroad can certify their English with the Duolingo English Test in place of other standardized tests like the TOEFL and IELTS. We are now accepted by 4,000+ higher education institutions worldwide. Using AI and remote proctoring, we enable students to take the test online, on-demand, anywhere in the world. If you love making a difference in education through technology, this is the place for you.
We’re looking for a Strategic Engagement Manager to strengthen and continue developing Duolingo’s relationships with universities in Canada!
You will be promoting the use of our English proficiency test as a full parity alternative to the IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL for international applicants. You will build new relationships as well as sustain and grow those already established.
We are also interested in bringing onto our team an individual with experience in Canadian higher ed, visibility among peers and an outstanding track record for producing results.
- Drive adoption of the Duolingo English Test in the admissions process at Canadian universities and colleges.
- Find, contact, and develop opportunities to turn them into accepting institutions.
- Assess institutions’ needs, and provide assistance and information on product features.
- Build trust relationships with higher ed partners.
- Collaborate with our marketing team to implement a Canadian higher ed marketing strategy.
- Represent the Duolingo English Test at high-profile speaking engagements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience and deep familiarity with Canadian higher eduction
- Strong network within the Canadian higher ed and international admissions environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- This position is based in Canada, thus candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada.
- Master’s degree or PhD
- Experience with Canadian higher education policy setting
- Experience in partnership development
- Experience with English language testing or learning
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.
Something looks off?