Senior Learning Designer for Math
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
We are looking for a world-class specialist in teaching Math who has experience working across different educational settings. Our ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, can build effective and engaging learning experiences and course content, and understands the unique challenges of digital education. You will join our team of course designers and help support our efforts to deliver the best education in the world through evidence-based practices. Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, impacting millions of learners.
- Use your curriculum design and pedagogical expertise to create the curriculum and internal pedagogical resources for Duolingo courses teaching Math to children and adults
- Use your knowledge of online and app-based learning to create content for various features spanning implicit and explicit Math teaching
- Use your experience with a range of learners and contexts to elevate the end to end product development for a better digital math learning experience
- Help develop and implement efficient processes for scaling the creation of app-based math educational content
- If needed, help recruit, train, and supervise freelance course content creators
- Help communicate Duolingo’s teaching methodology to a wider audience
- Teaching experience. You have at least 4 years of experience, with 2 years teaching math in a K-12 setting, and at least 1 year in a school or district math leadership role, possibly providing professional development for teachers.
- Pedagogical expertise. You are familiar with external standards for teaching Math (e.g. CCSS, NCTM mathematical practices), and can design course curricula that effectively scaffold the learning experience for learners with varying backgrounds.
- Analytical thinking. You can think about math in an analytical way. For example, you excel at breaking down mathematical concepts into smaller parts for the purposes of teaching and assessing knowledge.
- Math pedagogical content knowledge. You have deep pedagogical content knowledge in math, with familiarity of how different countries teach math concepts.
- Strong communication. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Operational focus. You are organized and efficient, and strive to continuously improve your workflow and processes.
- MA (or equivalent) in Math education, education, psychology or a related field
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to New York City, NY
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Experience designing standards-aligned mathematics curricula for online or app-based learning
- Experience managing people and projects
- More than four years of experience teaching math
- School, area, or district math leadership experience
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $99,200 - $205,700. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.