Business Development, Intern (MBA)
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a business development leader intern you will take a strategic, structured and proactive approach to growing our business through strategic partnerships across markets and verticals to increase access to effective language learning education.
What you’ll do...
- Develop and communicate an effective strategy for partnerships
- Build compelling and quantifiable business cases for which partnerships to pursue
- Negotiate and execute partnerships to grow Duolingo’s users and subscription business globally
- Help manage our most important partners across verticals (app stores, telcos, payment providers, brand partners, etc.)
- Pursue high impact partnership opportunities across content, marketing, and other areas
- Explore expansion of Duolingo to new markets and platforms
What we’re looking for…
- Currently pursuing an MBA and graduating in Spring 2025; 3+ years of professional experience in related functions
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in fast paced entrepreneurial work environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience working closely with strategy, product and engineering colleagues
- Partnerships experience at a leading tech platform or mobile consumer subscription service
- Proficiency in multiple languages
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches and breakfast
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
We invest in and support our Duos! The hourly range for this internship is $50-52 per hour.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.