Copywriter Marketing, Intern
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over half a billion learners, we’ve become the leading mobile learning platform for language, math, and music. But we’ve got more work to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is seeking a creative Copywriter Intern to scale our brand voice and write copy across all our marketing channels, including social media, earned media stunts, merch store products, and more. As a core member of our growing team, you are someone who has a social-first mindset and can craft clear, concise copy that ranges in tone from wholesome to unhinged.
We are passionate about educating our learners, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
This role reports to the Associate Creative Director of Brand & Marketing. More information on our University Programs can be found at university.duolingo.com
What you’ll do...
- Write fun and playful copy in the Duolingo voice for various marketing channels, which may include scripts and captions for social content, email newsletters, push notifications, merch store product descriptions, performance ads, outdoor ads, and press releases
- Provide copy feedback, guidance, and support for other marketing team members
- Develop, experiment, and test creative messaging for Duolingo products and campaigns
- Concept entertaining, iconic earned media ideas based on strategic insights that millions of people around the world will want to share and talk about
- Support team members by providing on-set assistance for daily social content video shoots and IRL activations
What we’re looking for…
- A bachelor's degree by spring 2025
- A fresh creative portfolio that showcases idea generation and writing skills
- Ideally a copywriting or social media internship at a major brand, agency, or organization
- Strong command of the English language with the ability to spot typos and grammar mistakes as well as write engaging copy in a variety of tones and styles
- In-tune with social trends and can write ideas that capitalize on those opportunities
- Knowledge of generative AI tools such as OpenAI’s GPT-4 and the ability to craft prompts
- Ability to relocate to and work in Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional Candidates Will Have…
- Experience in sketch comedy, humor writing, or improv
- Examples of past work that has gone viral on social or received press mentions
- Awards from top student competitions like Cannes, The One Show, or D&AD
- Working proficiency in more than one language, ideally Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, or Portuguese
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches and breakfast
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
NOTE: The team will not begin to review applications until January, so you will likely hear back from us on next steps sometime in mid January. Thank you for your patience and interest!
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.