Senior Content Program Manager
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Join Duolingo’s content program management team to scale Duolingo course content for beginners through advanced learners.
We are looking for a strategic operator who can help us build on recent successes in scaling Duolingo course content to develop a large-scale subject-agnostic AI-powered content machine. You’ll help us plan, generate, and launch high-quality learning content to our key markets and audiences. You will partner with our learning designers and content developers on processes and quality, and with engineering and product on internal tooling. You will also work with R&D to transition successful new content types to be ready for scaling.
- Support content creation leveraging generative AI for our most popular language courses;
- Oversee the development and launch of content that wins an A/B test with close attention to technical details to continuously improve the Duolingo learning experience;
- Coordinate the efforts of content creators from learning designers to engineers to contractors, helping everyone work together and achieve shared goals;
- Contribute to the strategy for tooling and process improvements and help with prioritization of requests, new features and bugs;
- Manage the budget for content creation, and ensure that it is allocated effectively to projects;
- Communicate updates and plans to your team and to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Project management experience. You have demonstrated strong operational / organizational / project management ability, such as experience building and scaling processes from the ground up.
- Collaboration skills. Partner with functions across the company—such as engineering, QA, product management, content development, and senior leadership—to ensure communication across teams and to foster collaboration across stakeholders
- Tech-savviness. You are proficient in managing and scaling workloads using technology.
- People management skills. You have experience hiring and/or managing contractors or a team of operational staff.
- Strong communication skills. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced high-growth environment;
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- Experience driving results in a cross-functional environment;
- Proven ability to create and execute detailed plans accounting for ambiguity, dependencies, and technical complexity in an agile environment;
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA;
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Experience working in content development and/or edtech
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in a foreign language
- Understanding of content management system (CMS) technologies.
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $99,200 - $205,700. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.