Assessment Data Analyst, Duolingo English Test
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Duolingo is looking for an outstanding, creative data analyst with elite knowledge of statistical techniques and methods to support development of an English proficiency test. You will join Duolingo's growing research team and contribute to agile, ongoing development, supporting our efforts to advance Duolingo's mission through science. Your superpower is the ability to translate research questions into analyses and communicate complicated results in clear and impactful ways.
- Collaborate with assessment scientists and machine learning engineers to assemble, manipulate, clean, and analyze data
- Derive insights from data to impact development of a high-quality language assessment
- Guide researchers to design and implement research studies that substantially improve test design
- Develop software that monitors and ensures the continued quality of the underlying algorithms
- Communicate findings through dashboards, blogs, technical reports, or conference presentations
What we're looking for ...
- Master's or PhD in a quantitative field (statistics, data science, computer science, psychometrics, educational measurement)
- Previous experience analyzing large datasets and presenting results
- Excellent skills in open-source data science tools, such as R and Python
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional Candidates Will Have ...
- Proven ability working in an applied data science position
- Experience crafting inventive analysis pipelines using tools such as AWS, SWL, and Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing, developing, and analyzing psychometric assessments
- Experience implementing innovative machine learning and natural language processing techniques
- Track record of publishing in peer-reviewed scientific outlets
- Experience programming in C, C++, Java, or other languages
Why you’ll love working here…
- Language learning opportunities
- Catered in-house lunches and breakfast and dinner options
- Company-wide Hackathon
- PTO and company holidays
- Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and so much more!
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.