Program Manager, DEIB
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we also offer English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and are bringing new subjects into the Duolingo app, where people can develop their Math and Music skills.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a Program Manager supporting Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DEIB) you'll use your experience and creativity to partner across the People team, our Employee Resource Groups, and Duos broadly to implement key programs & initiatives in our DEIB strategy.
- Partner with the recruiting team, business partners, and business leaders using internal and external data and best practices in support of our people initiatives and recruiting aspects of our DEIB vision, strategy and roadmap
- Develop and implement internal process improvements, learning journeys, and programs aimed at fostering inclusive hiring practices
- Collaborate with the recruiting team and business to implement event and partnership strategies with key internal partners and external organizations
- Collaborate with People Team counterparts to provide consistent and cohesive execution of DEIB programs
- Work with the People Team and business leaders to define processes, timelines and expectations of managers and employees in regards to our DEIB efforts
- Work alongside the greater People Team to supply insights, data, and feedback on core people programs and employee engagement to the company
- Experience in a relevant Recruiting, People Partner, and/or DEIB role
- Strong and broad capability across PM proficiencies, including intake, qualitative and quantitative data synthesis, prioritization, creating resources like RACIs, project/ program plans, and change management plans
- Ability to create and complete a plan end to end, and iterate as needs change and company scales
- Passionate and pragmatic champion of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout all people programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with diverse audiences
- Detailed and discreet - people can trust you with sensitive information
- Outstanding project management with the ability to prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience using data to uncover insights, drive decisions and assess efficacy of programs
- Excellent collaboration skills with experience successfully navigate cross-functional partnerships.
- Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience delivering talent or recruiting programs at a fast-paced, engineering focused, technology organization
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Proven track record of successfully working cross-functionally with internal collaborators and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with collaborators driving action & ensuring commitment
- Passion for language learning or education
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $102,000 - $210,000. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.
Duolingo is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By applying for this position your data will be processed as per the Duolingo Applicant Privacy Notice.