Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Indianapolis, IN, USA · United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Your next adventure starts at Encamp.
Encamp is on a mission to create a world where good for business is good for the environment. And we’re doing it with a modern first-of-its-kind SaaS platform for environmental compliance.
About the role
- Own day to day accounting including AP, AR and general bookkeeping. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical, able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and have strong problem solving and communication skills.
What you'll do
- Own the monthly, quarterly, and year end accounting close processes and preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and any necessary journal entries
- Maintain contracts, revenue and deferred revenue schedules
- Issue accounts receivable invoices and follow up on collection
- Process accounts payable
- Submit timely and accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage corporate credit card and expense programs
- Establish and maintain adequate and effective accounting controls and policies to improve the monthly close and to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Regularly interact with other departments
- 5+ years of experience with a software or tech company
- GAAP knowledge
- Experience working in early stage companies
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Excel, and Quickbooks
- Must be proactive, organized, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
Perks of being part of the Encampus...
- Competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and responsible Paid Time Off
- A flexible, remote-first culture with an allowance to support your remote work setup
- A high-end laptop focused on a fast local dev cycle and developer throughput
- Share in our success - you'll have a significant personal impact on the team and the ability to earn equity
- Parental leave - we know how important it is to spend time with your new family!
- Sustainable 1:1s, focused on not only your growth as an employee, but in your career
- Get together at in-person Encamp Summits to share our wins and build community
- Work with a brilliant team of people that share your values and passion
Ready to join us around the campfire?
Come join a team of trailblazers making a BIG difference in the environmental programs for more than 20k facilities around the United States. We're on a mission to create a world where good for business is good for the environment.
At Encamp, we believe we are better together – all of us, whatever our race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or physical ability. We strive to create an environment that encourages and celebrates diverse voices, backgrounds, and experiences. A cornerstone of our culture is the ability to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day. Encamp is committed to unbiased hiring practices and achieving minority representation above community averages.
In transparency, the pay for this position is $80,000-90,000/yr.