Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
Gecko Robotics’ multi-disciplinary electrical team designs, develops, and integrates the hardware, firmware, and software systems of the robot. As an electrical engineer at Gecko, you will be involved in multiple aspects of the design process: conceptualization, requirements development, hardware design, firmware design, integration, and field testing.
Gecko is seeking Electrical Engineers over a range of experience levels.
Gecko’s engineers work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We’re seeking highly self-motivated individuals who thrive in a small company environment and are passionate about developing great products which solve significant problems.
What you will do
- Design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot electrical components and modules (which could include sensor interfaces, communications, controls, firmware, and power electronics) for Gecko’s current and future robots and tools.
- Test and validate designs at the PCB (unit) and system level.
- Debug hardware and software modules during launch, production periods, and deployment (including field and remote service troubleshooting) .
- Help investigate new technologies under evaluation for new robot features and capabilities.
- Prepare documentation associated with design, analysis, investigations, and test results.
- Participate in field activities to validate performance and resolve design problems.
- BS or beyond in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- 2 or more years of experience in design, analysis, and debugging of complex or distributed electronic systems, firmware in C/C++ (STM preferred), and electromechanical systems. Gecko is seeking Electrical Engineers over a range of experience levels.
- Solid understanding of digital and analog design fundamentals is essential along with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Experience working autonomously in a fast-paced, hands-on environment on concurrent projects.
- Experience working with rapid prototyping techniques and technologies.
- Knowledge of ECAD software (Altium preferred).
- Detail-oriented personality with excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and collaboration skills. Ability to work well and integrate with multiple teams is required.
- Expert programming experience in firmware development C/C++ (STM preferred).
- Experience with compliance and certifications such as UL, IEC64xxx, etc.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with V-model process (verification and validation).
- Experience in state machine design.
- Robotics experience preferred. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.