Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
Our multidisciplinary electrical team designs, develops, and integrates the hardware, firmware, infrastructure, and software systems for the robot.
The Integration Engineer is responsible for ensuring the product functions are successfully achieved by the integrated subsystems as they interact in the context of the whole system through the product cycle and after launch. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for one or more functional areas of the system and be part of the electrical team while integrating with electrical and other engineering teams.
What you will do
- Support the bring-up and debugging of complex systems involving a network of microcontrollers, microprocessors, and electromechanical components for prototype robot systems.
- Understand and debug interfaces and interactions required for successful integration of Gecko systems.
- Work with design engineers on the electrical team and throughout the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces, and interactions to achieve specific system functions.
- Support new Hardware and Firmware integration into prototype systems by carrying out functional verification of new components and/or features.
- Support the system validation and verification of system level Hardware and Software features before and after release.
- Report and track issues with Software and Hardware releases.
- Able to perform diagnostics and debug issues before bringing in relevant design engineers when needed.
- Able to support the creation of system level requirements and work with others to develop early system prototypes to de-risk new technologies.
- Bachelors or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Robotics, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience in systems design, architecture, integration, or related field
- Strong electrical and embedded systems fundamentals and understanding
- Hands-on technical debugging experience of complex subsystems involving network microprocessors and firmware controlled electromechanical devices
- Ability to read schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to read and understand C/C++ or other embedded languages
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python for analysis and data visualization
- Understanding of hardware, firmware, and software development and release processes
- Experience in requirements and verification and validation processes
- Creative capacity for developing new methods or tools to integrate complex systems better
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Experience working autonomously in a fast paced environment on numerous different project
- Experience with ST microcontrollers preferred
- Experience with ECAD (Altium) preferred
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.