Sales Manager - Latin America
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
About The Role: Gecko’s robotic solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen. In fact, we believe there isn’t a power plant, refinery, or naval vessel that couldn’t benefit from what we build. At its core, the sales team is responsible for helping customers to reach this belief as well. No one person can do this - it’s a team effort. As such, we are hiring for multiple sales roles at varying levels of experience and customer specialization. If you’re excited by the size of the market opportunity, the boldness of our mission, and the role you could play in it, we want to hear from you. This role will focus on opportunities in our growing Latin American market.
What You’ll Do: Gecko is focused on solving valuable problems for our customers in ways they could not have imagined, let alone accomplished, just a short time ago. We aspire for our customers to experience how Gecko works and say “Wow, we will never do it another way again”. And we’re counting on you to make that happen, in the following ways:
- Working with customers to understand their goals and challenges, and mapping them to Gecko’s unique solutions.
- Prospecting to find new customers that Gecko can help as well as finding new problems to solve at existing customers, resulting in a high-quality sales pipeline.
- Prioritizing your time to focus on the highest-value opportunities, and leverage internal resources and support accordingly.
- Collaborating closely with your colleagues to exceed customer expectations. We need the whole team to come together to solve the customer’s whole problem.
- Learning quickly and being generous with your knowledge. When it comes to shared success, the only secret is that there are no secrets.
Invest to Win: Just as Gecko’s technology is an investment in a safer, more efficient, and more prosperous future, we invest in our people for continuing professional growth. This begins with our structured onboarding program, which is designed to help you ramp up quickly, gain meaningful exposure to our customers, and begin the sales cycle as soon as you’re ready. We are equally committed to continuing education, offering access to a wide range of advanced trainings and industry certifications, as well as a generous allowance for self-directed learning.
What Gecko is Looking For
- Business, economics, engineering, or sciences degree
- Fluency in Spanish
- Relevant sales experience with businesses located in the Latin American region
- Passionate about solving customer problems. This requires being comfortable talking to customers both over Zoom, but also in-person shouting over the industrial hum of machinery in the field while wearing a hard hat and boots.
- A desire to get close to customer problems, often in person, and a passion for solving them well.
- Willingness to hunt for new customers
- Currently hold a valid passport and have the ability to travel internationally
- Ability to travel 25% to 50% of the time, often to remote locations where power plants, refineries, and other industrial sites are located.
Nice To Have:
- Experience selling complex solutions or value-added services.
- Experience with longer sales cycles
- Fluency in Portuguese
- Experience selling for a startup or new product line/business unit.
- Industry/NDT domain expertise in power/utilities, oil & gas, heavy manufacturing, chemicals, or government (federal/state/local).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $80,000 - 120,000 base annually plus commission, equity, and perks
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Gecko Robotics has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?