Forward Deployed Engineer - New Grad
What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Gecko Robotics is currently hiring new graduates to begin full-time in Spring or Summer of 2024.
Big Data Meets the Real World
Gecko is a robotics company that started out in the hardware-rich world of Pittsburgh but was soon discovered by Y-Combinator and later FoundersFund. We build robots to go where humans can’t and are now embarking on a new chapter: building a software company inside our robotics start-up to scale and extract value at a level rarely seen in hardware. We believe there isn’t a bridge, building, powerplant or pipeline that couldn’t benefit from what we are building.
At Gecko, we are passionate about solving the real and highly challenging problems that face the infrastructure of our lives. We are creative engineers pressing hard where we know there is a much better way.
This is not your typical software engineering role. We are on the ground, shoulder to shoulder with our clients - whether it's working on predictive maintenance on US Navy ships, aiding the Air Force or sitting in on a boiler inspection - we are the first line of defense in solving these hard hitting problems. We are not afraid to pick up new technologies and will use whatever tool we have in our toolbox to create change. When our priorities shift, we shift with them. We don’t just speak to our clients about their problems, we travel (often) to their sites to see first hand what they are experiencing. We are impact makers - game changers. We are leveraging data and insight from team members across Gecko to build the best possible solution for our clients. Are you ready to join us?
Technologies We Use
- Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services
- Solve Real Problems: We search for the highest impact problems we can find, we spend a lot of time with our customers to understand their true nature, we come up with new ways, and we don’t quit until we’ve reached impact.
- Growth: The problems we work on are hard. No one has yet solved them. We are constantly learning and trying - and that includes learning about ourselves. We are a group who loves to grow - even if it requires hard work to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.