Mechanical Engineer - New Grad
What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Gecko Robotics is currently hiring new graduates to begin full-time in Summer of 2024.
Role At A Glance
The Mechanical Engineering department designs product applications and assemblies with multidisciplinary project teams. The position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting highly complex engineering projects associated with Gecko’s robotic fleet.
Gecko is hiring several Mechanical Engineering positions over a range of experience levels.
Gecko’s engineers work in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. We’re seeking highly self-motivated individuals who thrive in a small company environment and are passionate about developing great products which solve significant problems.
What You Will Do
- Works closely with a multi-disciplinary team to design precision electro-mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoots problems in manufacturing, assembly, and field-use of components; analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications.
- Creates detailed drawings and drafting of fixtures, mechanical parts and assemblies, and other components.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product and user documentation.
- Operates robots at customer locations to test and improve designs.
- Part and assembly design, from concept to detail design to manufacturing introduction.
- Detailed mechanical design for a wide range of production fabrication processes in order to optimize performance and cost.
- Creates, manages, releases, and maintains BOM’s.
- Mechanical modeling and testing of components.
- Validation of components in system configuration.
- Coordinates with software and electrical engineers to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Collaborates with manufacturing engineers and suppliers to transition concepts to production.
Required Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals and tools, including FEA.
- 3+ years experience in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Hands-on experience with machining, fabrication, and rapid prototyping skills and technologies.
- Testing the performance of mechanical designs.
- Strong passion for learning and growth and are open to new ideas, new technologies, strong devops practices, and continuous feedback
Preferred Education and Experience
- M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Dynamic and kinematic analysis and simulation.
- Experience with electro-mechanical designs.
- Experience designing sealed enclosures for electronics and mechanical systems.
- Experience with Ansys or other CAE/engineering simulation software.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.