What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Role at a Glance
The People Partner is responsible for scaling the People function at Gecko, driving culture and performance across the org, and partnering with department heads and managers to grow our people. You are someone who loves to build things from the ground up and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. You will focus on building and executing on smart processes that enable growth, foster learning and development, build culture, and ensure compliance.
You are a leader, collaborator and are able to influence others into action and think creatively about solutions. You are strong at building trust, establishing yourself as an advisor and partner through professional credibility and strong analytical skills. You quickly build deep relationships that will help you influence key priorities. You understand that change is both necessary and hard, and are excited to help grow our People function as we scale
What you will do
- Embed deeply in the performance management process (performance review process, 360 reviews, 1:1's, etc).
- Actively engage with employees at all stages of the employee life-cycle (new hire, ongoing check-ins, exit interviews, and leaver retrospectives) and synthesize themes and trends to continuously uplevel Geckos culture and employee experience.
- Create and lead learning and development initiatives to ensure growth and people development.
- Drive implementation and adoption of key people and culture analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven people decisions with manageable and actionable insights for individual managers and departments.
- Actively keep up to date and maintain an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and best practices related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance across all existing operations.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure that Gecko is in compliance.
- Ensure we are keeping a pulse on employee needs by communicating essential information with employees, and establishing and developing employee recognition programs.
- Coach and guide leaders and employees through performance-related concerns with team members.
- Champion Geckos culture and recommend strategies for upleveling and maintaining our values.
- At least 2 years of HRBP experience as a HR business partner or people partner
- Demonstrated ability to be a problem solver and talent developer
- General HR Law knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to conduct group facilitation, and coach and counsel management at all levels
- Ability to diagnose and successfully handle organizational development issues
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and systems and subsequently create lightweight but scalable processes
- Experience with employee relations dispute and complaint resolution
- Experience at a company with strong learning and development and culture
- Experience scaling Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Belonging programs for an organization under 500 employees
- Experience working in a rapidly growing start-up environment
- Experience implementing and maintaining Learning and Development programming
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $120,000.00 to $215,000.00 annually plus equity and perks.
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Gecko Robotics has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.