Director, Customer Service
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2022
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Director of Customer Service to lead our customer service operations across all our contact centers (Atlanta, Bacolod and Bogota). You will be responsible for the overall service delivery and performance of our call center operations. You will lead the development of operational requirements, processes, performance management, and technologies to deliver a world class customer service experience at an efficient cost.
- Accountable for the day-to-day operational performance of our onshore and offshore contact centers including the qualitative and quantitative metrics of the CS department
- Develop a team of Leads and Managers within Customer Service including over 50 onshore reps
- Drive the long-term planning and execution of Greenlight’s customer service operations
- Lead the team in weekly and quarterly planning to define and prioritize department initiatives that outline how Greenlight can continuously improve its customer service operations
- Partner with leaders across Greenlight to provide operational insight on how customer service may impact (or be impacted) by new initiatives
- Lead the discovery of customer service process opportunities and work with stakeholders to drive improvements Greenlight’s customers
- Oversee the planning, execution and relationship management of our BPO providers
- Ensure effective corrective actions are taken in response to customer complaints or otherwise identified quality problems
What you'll bring to the team:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in customer support call center strategy and operations; you’ve demonstrated an ability to develop, implement, and deliver a first class customer experience in a dynamic and high growth business
- You set a high bar for you and your team and you are relentless at delivering the highest impact to the business
- You possess strong judgment and decision making ability. You know how to make the right decisions for your department and the broader business
- A strong track record of developing high-performing teams with a high degree of self-ownership and accountability. You’re able to be a force multiplier and deliver strong results across your team.
- A strong track record of being a full-stack problem solver. You can clearly define, prioritize, analyze and execute on solving problems with minimal oversight. You know when to dig into the details, when to call for help and when to call it at 80%.
- You’re an analytical thinker with an EQ to match your ability to solve problems; you’re just as capable of building quantitative models as you are at leading teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that will allow you to drive collaboration across all areas of the business
- Has a strong understanding of key CX operational metrics and how they intertwine. Knows how to balance these metrics and how they can be influenced
- A strong understanding of industry trends and how new Customer Service technologies can improve Greenlight’s customer experience
- Nice to haves: Experience with Zendesk, NICE and WFM software
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.