Software Engineer in Test, SDET
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a software engineer in test, oriented towards quality, to build robust frameworks that validate customer journey flows and end to end scenarios, building quality at the source to enable developer ownership of building and testing features to production. You will formulate the right tools and frameworks developers will adopt, build and execute the integration points for testing in the deployment pipelines, and possess the ability to design and execute a testing plan that is scalable, maintainable, and widely adopted by the development team. A strong understanding of ways to move testing practices earlier into the development lifecycle is highly valued!
Technologies we use:
Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
Test Frameworks: Jest, Espresso, XCUITest, Cypress.io, K6
REST, gRPC, graphQL
MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Define the scope and procedures for quality engineering of the application, including the development and maintenance of automated test scripts using Jest, Kotlin and Node.js
- Determining the best automation framework fit to enable developers to own testing features as part of the acceptance criteria
- Test APIs for resiliency, latency, and performance across many components
- Assist in the process and plan for extending all tests and bring them to automated build tests
- Collaborate with developers and product owners to understand customer's needs, focus on important features of the application, database use and have automate everything mind set
- Understand how to create reusable components in projects to distribute as libraries and packages, for consumption across other applications
- Triage potential problems with logging solutions, and identify the best course of action for test coverage at a unit, integration and e2e level, for future mitigation during production incidents.
- Interface with service teams on a regular basis and execute POCs or workshops that enable improvements to the testing lifecycle. Some examples include: training newer team members on existing frameworks, soliciting feedback on potential tools or utilities that would improve confidence in shipping, and speaking and facilitating at Communities of Practice
- Understand and support the implementation of quality in the CICD pipeline; identify when, where and how tests should run, and update pipeline files to achieve those goals
- Own testing metrics to track to identify gaps and identify ways to report the metrics to drive improvements at multiple levels.
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization's desired culture and core values.
What you should bring:
- Experience with using api automation frameworks like TestNG.
- Ability to communicate and plan how to enable automation with the development team.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems.
- Experience with Jenkins, Github Actions, or similar CICD provider to integrate test suites for execution
- Deep understanding on how to test APIs and microservices
- A history of success, and ability to triage bugs to a root cause
- Ability to quickly learn, change, and “upgrade” to new technologies
- Experience with JIRA and Atlassian products, how to create and manage work, and facilitate dashboards with progress.
Nice to have:
- Experience with non functional testing automation, and usage of K6/JMeter
- Experience testing graphQL
- Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred.
- Prior consulting experience: bring the mindset of the customer for the external partner team; understand the needs of the project and the frictions for testing with the development team
- Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables.
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.