Engineering Manager, Infrastructure & Operations
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Operations
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing our SRE, Cloud Infrastructure, and DBA teams and will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, scalability, and performance of our systems. You will lead a team of talented engineers and collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders to drive the successful delivery of critical projects. This is a hands-on leadership position that requires a deep technical understanding and strong management skills.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on the reliability, scalability, and performance of our systems, ensuring an exceptional experience for our customers. You will contribute to the company's growth by driving technical excellence, fostering innovation, and building a high-performing team. Through your leadership, you will play a crucial role in shaping our infrastructure and systems, enabling us to stay at the forefront of our industry and deliver world-class solutions to our clients.
As a member of Greenlight's Infrastructure & Operations team, you will work collaboratively across many Engineering disciplines to ensure the foundation, security, and reliability that Greenlight’s platforms are built to meet the highest standards while continuing to innovate. With a people-first mindset, you will have the opportunity to foster and grow your career in a supportive and empowering environment.
Some of the technologies we use (familiarity is good, proficiency in all of these is not required)
● AWS, Terraform (IaC)
● MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
● GitHub Actions for CI pipelines
● Kubernetes (specifically EKS)
● Ambassador, Helm, Argo CD
● REST, gRPC, graphQL
● React, Redux, Swift, Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go, Python
● Datadog, Prometheus
What you will be doing:
- Acting as a conduit between product development and platform engineering teams to ensure services meet defined SLAs.
- Bringing efficiency and standardization to our Incident Management culture that thrives on continuous improvement, with a focus on a blameless culture and owning the tooling utilized throughout the incident response process.
- Empower teams across the organization to monitor and observe their services, ensuring reporting, transparency, and SLO tracking
- Enhancing existing services and applications to increase availability, reliability, and scalability in a microservices environment.
- Building and improving engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery.
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership to the SRE, Cloud Infrastructure, and DBA teams, ensuring the stability, scalability, and performance of our systems.
- Lead and mentor a team of high-performing engineers, fostering their professional growth and promoting a collaborative and inclusive team culture.
- Drive the design, implementation, and optimization of cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability, scalability, and cost efficiency.
- Oversee the management and administration of databases, implementing best practices for performance tuning, backup, and recovery.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including software engineering, product management, and operations, to ensure seamless delivery of projects and alignment with business objectives.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, identifying areas for optimization and implementing automation and monitoring solutions to enhance system reliability and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, and apply this knowledge to drive innovation within the organization.
What you should bring:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead, preferably in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Strong technical background in SRE, cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, or GCP), and database administration.
- Extensive experience in managing and scaling high-availability, distributed systems.
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) practices.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Go) and experience with automation and scripting.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, with a focus on driving results and delivering business value.
- Experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban, and knowledge of project management tools (e.g., Jira) is a plus.
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.