Bangalore Rural, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer with experience building and shipping iOS applications. The ideal candidate understands mobile application design and development, and enjoys implementing features from the ground up. You have proven debugging and performance testing skills. You are comfortable working in a fast paced, high-growth environment and you want to do more than write code.
This role reports to an Engineering Manager.
Technologies we use:
- Swift development using Xcode
- RESTful services
- Coordinator + MVVM architecture
- Swift Package Manager/Cocoapods
What you will be doing:
- You will be involved in full-cycle development of Greenlight’s native mobile application and features.
- Design, build, and maintain mobile applications and services across the Greenlight platform.
- Ensure performance, code quality, testing, and stability of the application.
- Collaborate with various members of the engineering team to build new features at scale.
- Provide guidance on Apple’s design principles, latest technology trends, and interface guidelines through collaboration with the design team.
- Work across the product and engineering teams to define functional specs and designs for initiatives.
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery.
- Design and develop mobile SDK frameworks or common libraries.
- Participate in the on-call process to ensure that our families have a great experience.
What you should bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years software development experience, 3+ year with iOS and Swift
- Experience working on applications that communicate with networking APIs
- Contributed to or published an app on the Apple App Store
- Ability to ship mission critical features with high confidence
- Insight on development implications during feature research and planning stages
- Passion for implementing high quality native UI mobile experiences
- Demonstrated desire to work collaboratively with a high performing cross-functional team
- Experience with version control tools and knowledge of automated build systems
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile scrum development process
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking tools
- Experience with SDK or library development
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.