Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are looking for a Software Architect to work within our Enterprise Architecture group. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating the design of software and/or systems that will focus on both consumer facing products as well as internal products and tools specific to the payments domain. We have moved fast to get to the point we are at today and there are certain components of our systems that need to be modernized. In this role, you will help us on that journey and support our teams as they build new features into our applications.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.Js , Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Architect/design, implement and maintain Greenlight current and next generation platform services and API products.
- Deliver on the most complex and foundational layers of design and code as an Individual contributor.
- Guide and mentor other engineers through all facets of engineering and product building.
- Lead collaboration and partnership with product management, QA, design, business and other cross functional teams, proactively and as a thought leader.
- Customer obsession: you will often interact with business teams to identify crucial business opportunities, taking those insights into product building with positive impact.
- Innovation vanguard - you will be driving innovation across engineering and product teams that grow Greenlight customer base and usage substantially.
- You will lead and drive the solutions for scale, availability (“5 nines”), and reliability.
What you should bring:
- BE / B.Tech / M.Tech in Computer Science, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience building large scalable systems.
- At least 3 years hands-on architectural and distributed systems experience.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Proven ability to lead across multiple teams in driving architecture, design and coding direction, while solving abstract problems , taking decisions and pushing for the best solution to a problem.
- Experience with backend development, preferably in one or more of OO programming languages, like Java, Kotlin,C++.
- Thrive in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment, achieving stretch goals.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills.
- Extensive experience of mentoring junior engineers to success.
- Prior experience collaborating across global distributed teams, from India.
Nice to have:
- Prior Payments background.
- Prior Cloud experience.
- Prior experience in Domain driven design.
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.