Strategic Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Greenlight is the leading family fintech company on a mission to help parents raise financially smart kids. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids with our award-winning banking app for families. With Greenlight, parents can automate allowance, manage chores, set flexible spend controls, and invest for their family’s future. Kids and teens learn to earn, save, spend wisely, and invest.
At Greenlight, we believe every child should have the opportunity to become financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, and that’s why we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for the next generation depends on it.
We are seeking a Strategic Finance Manager to collaborate with cross-functional leaders and drive outcomes across the business. In addition to traditional finance responsibilities of developing budgets, forecasts, and monthly/quarterly reports, this role will have significant involvement in new product analysis, data analytics, strategic projects, and company-wide planning. This position will report to the Strategic Finance Director and collaborate with executives across all departments.
We are looking for a true thought leader. A successful candidate should be self-motivated, hands-on, act as a proactive business partner and demonstrate the leadership capacity to assume increasing responsibility over time. This role is fast-paced and will have a direct impact on the company's ability to make key business decisions and grow efficiently.
- Establish close cross-functional working working relationships with business leaders to develop an understanding of their issues and needs; act as a liaison between these business leaders and executive management to drive attainment of business goals
- Support our product, engineering, marketing, and business development teams with detailed custom financial modeling, scenario analysis, and market insights for prospective products and initiatives
- Analyze actual financial results vs budget/forecast and partner with business leaders to drive insightful and actionable decision support
- Help manage the financial model, including forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation and long-range planning
- Support the Accounting Team in month-end and quarter-end close processes and audit support
- Prepare analyses for potential strategic acquisition, partnership, or investment opportunities
What we're looking for in you:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Not afraid to speak up when seeking answers to critical issues and comfortable presenting recommendations to executives.
- Strong ownership mentality. Must be detail oriented and committed to producing work at a high standard.
- Creative mindset for building bespoke financial models for a diverse set of cross-functional needs.
- Data driven approach to analyzing problems and supporting decisions.
- Adaptability and flexibility. Startups require the ability to pivot when necessary.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Background working in venture-backed companies, investment banking, or investing (experience in FinTech or a start-up environment is a plus)
- 5+ years directly relatable work experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets modeling and technical skills
- Excellent analytical skills and mindset
- Proven ability to influence across functions and levels
- Enthusiasm to learn and evolve skillset over time
- Strong accounting and systems knowledge (experience implementing and/or using financial planning software is a plus)
- Strong data visualization skills and an ability to synthesize complicated analyses in simple ways
Not sure this one’s for you? Don’t count yourself out. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll reach out if there’s a great fit.
Work perks at Greenlight:
- Medical, dental, vision, and HSA match
- Paid life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Traditional 401k with company match and Roth IRA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid company holidays and pop-up bonus holidays
- Wellness & professional development stipends
- Mental health resources
- 1:1 financial planners
- Fertility healthcare
- 100% paid parental and caregiving leave, plus cleaning service and meals during your leave
- Flexible WFH, both remote and in-office opportunities
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches, and occasional in-office happy hours
- Employee resource groups
Who we are:
It takes a special team to aim for a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We’re looking for people who love working together because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a financially smart generation, apply to join our team.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.