Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Who we are
We're building a prayer and meditation app. One that is authentically Christian and Catholic, while at the same time a resource for anyone looking to grow deeper in a relationship with God. We believe that people are hungry for peace, and that there is no surer way to find it than by learning to sit in silence with Christ: “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest” (Mt 11:28).
Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We're blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling and growing quickly and are looking for a producer to help us coordinate content creation for various projects on the app. This person will play a critical role on our content team in carrying projects from start to finish.
What You'll Do
- Strategy: You’ll oversee various content projects and determine fit them into an overall release strategy for the app.
- Process: You’ll think through all of the steps for publishing content from coordinating the release date, licensing, contracts, script, voice talent, and all production needs.
- Publish: You’ll work with the production team to create the very best product and get everything properly uploaded onto the app.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we get amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives.
- Ownership: You’ll be a huge part of our content process. There’s nothing more exciting than creating something beautiful, pristine, and moving, and we strive to do that every day.
- Growth: Over the next year we’ll build out the company significantly and we’ll need your help to create a world-class content team.
- Flexibility: HQ is in Chicago, but remote work is a possibility. We’re flexible with location / hours.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun
- Experience: Must have experience in creating and running teams & processes, ideally in a content-creation and / or startup environment. Preferably experience in professionally publishing video and / or audio content.
- Grit & detail-oriented: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. Perseverance and attention to detail are important. Project management skills and a strong sense of ownership will be key, especially for your project-based work.
- Flexibility & adaptability: You’ll need to roll with the punches. It’s a very fast moving environment with the need to produce quickly. You’ll also need to be able to travel for on-site recordings 6-12 times a year.
We are honored that you'd consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow
CEO & Co-Founder
See more open positions at Hallow
Something looks off?