Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch sea turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.
We're looking for a Business Development Representative to join our Sales team. This individual will be responsible for proactive outbound appointment setting focused on our target markets. This position will have a direct impact on our success by providing qualifying prospects from lead status into the opportunity stage.
About this role
As a Business Development Rep, you'll own large parts of lead generation partnering with the VP of Sales and Account Executives. Reporting into the VP of Sales, this role will also work very cross functionally with marketing, customer success, and revenue operations.
What you'll do:
- Building prospects lists and executing those lists via email, phone and LinkedIn outreach
- Create, nurture, and qualify leads by engaging inbound leads and performing cold email and phone outreach to prospective customers
- Documenting and improving the outbound process
- Attend internal meetings pertaining to the sales team and overall Hologram team
- Overachieving your KPI's monthly
- Work with VP of Sales to develop plan for optimization of inbound and outbound motions and a vision for the future growth of the BDR team
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism and accountability
- Identify market leverage points, trends and success strategies
- Become an IoT expert
Helpful skills and experience:
- 1+ years of SaaS sales experience
- Thrives amid ambiguity in a fast paced environment
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience in SFDC, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Strong, professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage effectively with customers and prospects
- Passionate about delivering excellence and excited by the challenge of working for a business with ambitious growth targets
How we work at Hologram
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $50,000 -$70,000 with an opportunity for commission.
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- We cover 100% for employees and dependents on our base medical plan
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Monthly benefits budget
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.
What to expect in the interview process:
- Intro call with a member of the recruiting team
- Google Meet interview with the hiring manager
- A series of Google Meet interviews with cross-functional team members and peers
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.