Manager of Business Development
The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike-sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch sea turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.
We're looking for a Manager of Business Development to join our team and help us scale.
About This Role
As the Manager of Business Development, you will be responsible for managing the Business Development Representatives that are generating new sales leads for Hologram. You’ll work with them to qualify customers and to understand if Hologram can help fulfill their business and technical goals.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of 4 BDR’s
- Build and run a pipeline of prospective client campaigns
- Work with the Director of Sales, VP of Sales and Head of Marketing to continuously identify strategic targets
- Brainstorm, research, and test outbound sales campaigns to target specific customer segments
- Consult with prospective customers to understand their needs and pitch how Hologram’s IoT connectivity platform can help them scale
- Collaborate with Account Executives to demonstrate the value of Hologram to new customers
- Provide feedback to Product and Growth teams about different messaging and positioning opportunities for Hologram’s offerings
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Success in a B2B environment, with technical products
- You've built a proven a track record successfully acquiring prospective customers through creative sales campaigns, and business development processes from scratch
- You’ve successfully managed a team of Business Development Reps
- You’ve collaborated to improve past outbound processes
- A background rich in selling or marketing, and persuasion
- Experience communicating sales progress throughout an organization
- Curiosity and capability to discover prospect barriers to adoption within their organization
- Clear ability to communicate product benefits to a variety of different customer personas
How we work at Hologram
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity.
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% employee coverage on our base medical plan
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Monthly benefits budget
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.
What to expect in the interview process:
- Interview with a member of the recruiting team
- 3 - 5 interviews with members of the sales and marketing teams
- 2 Interviews with members of our executive team
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
We follow accepted offers with a background check and encourage you to apply even if you are worried about something from your past.