College Park, MD, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, and data activity monitoring and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
• Customers simplify operations, improve data security, and unlock data’s value. Customers include:
Roche – Saved $50M by securely operationalizing data products and saving inventory.
Thomson Reuters - Faster access to Snowflake data and a 60x increase in data usage resulting in greater productivity.
Swedbank – 3x time saved setting up data security and self-service policy authoring. 2x more data use cases. 5x improvement in process efficiency.
JB Hunt – Increased permitted use cases for cloud analytics by 100% by managing access to 100+ databases while achieving cost savings.
• Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst. Immuta was recognized as the Snowflake Data Security Partner of the Year in June 2023.
• Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine and BuiltIn as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies.
• $267 million in total funding. Lead investors include NightDragon, Snowflake, and Databricks, along with additional funding from ServiceNow, Citi Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital, DFJ Growth, IAG, Intel Capital, March Capital, Okta Ventures, StepStone, Ten Eleven Ventures, and Wipro Ventures.
• A hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to directly contribute to the Immuta product. This would be a great role for you if you are someone who can manage both big picture and fine grained tasks - mature enough to take a user story and work with the team on an architectural design through to the implementation and testing of the features.
In this role you will work with Cloud Data Platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks, Amazon Redshift, and more to enhance Immuta’s ability to govern data as part of the Secure team. This will include working on features that enhance the existing security mechanisms in the Cloud Data Platforms to address complex customer use cases. You will work within our containerized, distributed, multi-cloud environment to enhance our industry-leading data governance controls, and pave the way for future work to ensure compliance and privacy with emerging standards. You will be part of a talented team that values everyone’s input and creativity. Key to this is allowing you to explore creative solutions, the freedom to manage your time as a mature contributor, and opportunities to speak and provide thought leadership through conferences, publications and customer engagements.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years of experience building production-ready software applications
- Experience or willing to learn building frontend components using a modern framework like Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Is a problem solver and can tackle tough challenges with innovative thinking and determination - You own your outcomes and have a high degree of integrity. You acknowledge areas of opportunity to improve and work to get better.
- Have a deep understanding of at least one programming language and associated libraries and has a willingness to learn more.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, usage of data structures, understanding complexity, and utilizing design patterns.
- Focused on delivering quality software with an emphasis on integration testing and monitoring. You write tests because you love to, not because you have to.
- Have experience contributing production code leveraging Cloud Data Platforms such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, or Databricks.
- Have experience optimizing SQL queries and/or digging into query plans for different systems to unravel bottlenecks. For example, have you ever said “Uh oh, why is this nested loop join here?”
TECHNOLOGIES YOU'LL USE
- Cloud Data Platforms such as AWS Redshift, Databricks, and Snowflake
- Cloud provider services across all three major clouds (Azure, GCP, AWS) such as S3, GCS, and ADLS Gen2
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.