Software Engineer, Application Support
Software Engineering, Customer Service
College Park, MD, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, and data activity monitoring and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
• Customers simplify operations, improve data security, and unlock data’s value. Customers include:
Roche – Saved $50M by securely operationalizing data products and saving inventory.
Thomson Reuters - Faster access to Snowflake data and a 60x increase in data usage resulting in greater productivity.
Swedbank – 3x time saved setting up data security and self-service policy authoring. 2x more data use cases. 5x improvement in process efficiency.
JB Hunt – Increased permitted use cases for cloud analytics by 100% by managing access to 100+ databases while achieving cost savings.
• Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst. Immuta was recognized as the Snowflake Data Security Partner of the Year in June 2023.
• Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine and BuiltIn as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies.
• $267 million in total funding. Lead investors include NightDragon, Snowflake, and Databricks, along with additional funding from ServiceNow, Citi Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital, DFJ Growth, IAG, Intel Capital, March Capital, Okta Ventures, StepStone, Ten Eleven Ventures, and Wipro Ventures.
• A hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Application Support Engineer to monitor and maintain the efficiency of our software. In this role, your duties will include working as part of the product engineering team and collaborating with cross-functional colleagues in Customer Success. You will also be required to provide complex problem solving support to our clients as the last line of defense using extensive knowledge developed by being a critical member of the product engineering team. To ensure success as an Application Support Engineer, you should possess extensive experience in providing application support in a fast-paced environment as well as deep engineering talent. Top-Notch Application Support Engineers distinguish themselves by being proactive and digging in to solve problems without the need for further escalation.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL INVOLVE...
*Providing real-time support for our customers and resolving customer issues.
*Providing timely, well-communicated updates and performing root cause analysis.
*Performing analyses on software application functionality and suggesting improvements.
*Collaborating with our Product Engineering teams to build new features and fix bugs.
*Partnering with the Product Engineering team, internal users, and customers to improve application performance.
*Working with our Product Deployment squad to improve our cross-cloud deployments using Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker.
*Documenting and improving processes.
SOME THINGS WE CONSIDER IMPORTANT FOR THIS ROLE...
*0 - 2 years of experience.
*Willingness to work off-hours to support client migrations and installs.
*This role will be asked to occasionally work nights and some weekends. You will be able to shift your schedule to ensure proper work life balance.
*Advanced proficiency in determining the causes of application errors and repairing them.
*Demonstrable experience as an Application Support Engineer in a related field is a big plus.
*Excellent communication skills.
*A passion for solving complex problems.
*The equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or similar.
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.