Product Research Internship Summer 2024
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Immuta is the leader in automated data access so that organizations can achieve data compliance. Only Immuta can seamlessly integrate with the leading cloud data platforms to manage and enforce data policies at scale so that users get access to the right data at the right time. Data-driven organizations around the world rely on Immuta to speed time to value, safely share more data with more users, and mitigate the risk of data leaks and breaches.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top american startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Customers include Aon, Credit Suisse, Daimler, S&P Global, U.S. Army, and Atlassian. Over half of the top banks now use Immuta
- Partners include Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $169 million in total venture capital funding. Investors include Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
- Major offices in Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; and, College Park, Maryland
About the Role
Immuta is bringing our award-winning on-premises data governance product to the cloud as a SaaS offering. We are looking for an intern who is passionate about algorithm development, analytics, and exploratory research. You will work with our Research team studying and developing risk analysis methodologies, data profiling, data discovery applications, and privacy-enhancing technologies as a part of Immuta’s data security product suite. Our Research team consists of theoretical computer scientists, applied mathematicians, and statisticians helping to create cutting-edge data security tools for our customers.
What You'll Do
- You will assist our research scientists in developing and tuning data discovery and risk analytics algorithms.
- You will translate theory into functional software for the product.
- You may conduct exploratory research to identify potential approaches to enhance existing functionality.
- You will partner with diverse professionals and gain first-hand experience translating theory into production-grade software.
- You will be exposed to a top-notch team of Product Managers, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers, and Research Scientists who will give you an inside look at what it means to deliver meaningful customer experiences that solve real problems and meet strategic company objectives.
We're Looking for Students Who
- Have a passion for translating computational theory into practical applications.
- Have a strong background in numerical analysis, statistics, algorithms, machine learning, or theoretical computer science.
- Have have a strong background in their field, have a strong background in mathematics & statistics, and have a desire to apply their background to research centered on data privacy, protection, and governance.
- Are good communicators and can work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality reports and presentations on outcomes.
- Can work well across complex teams and feel comfortable working with a wide range of customers and stakeholders.
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.