Accounting & Finance
College Park, MD, USA · Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, data activity monitoring, and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We don’t need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
Helpfulness and Grit. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect for our peers with a service-oriented mindset. We’re in it together and are optimistic and deterministic with respect to outcomes.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top american startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Immuta is trusted by the top U.S. bank, two of the top three top pharma companies in the world, the world's top luxury car brand, and many other large enterprises across industries
- In the past 12 months, Immuta has increased annual recurring revenue (ARR) by more than 100 percent, doubled its customer base, doubled the number of employees, and is now valued at over $1B.
- Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $267 million in total funding. Investors include NightDragon, Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
- Hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland; and London
The Controller will join a well-capitalized, high-growth startup SaaS company that is focused on scaling in the data and security market. We are looking for someone who not only knows accounting, but also is able to act as a strategic partner to the business. The Controller will own, continuously iterate on, and optimize the day-to-day accounting functions, including: revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, international subsidiary management, payroll, and monthly financial reporting. He or she will also be hands on with, manage, and streamline the month-end close process by reviewing inefficiencies and adding processes that can make each month a smoother close than the last. The Controller will touch many parts of the organization, working closely with finance/accounting colleagues and partnering with key executives.
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Partnering with the CFO, CEO, COO, and others to analyze trends and make key company strategy decisions
- Managing internal and external reporting, including preparing reports for the company’s investors
- Thoroughly understanding and managing all software system necessary to support accounting and ensuring they are optimized properly for our accounting procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent certification preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting required
- Knowledge of monthly close and annual audit of a SaaS software company
- Strong spreadsheet skills and familiarity with Google Sheets & Google Workspace
- Attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with multinational corporate structures
- Knowledge of recent accounting guidance like ASC-606
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal, written, visual, and verbal and ability to provide clear and concise summaries of issues and their solutions
- Multi-tasking capability, critical thinking skills, and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.