Chief Marketing Officer
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
We’re looking for a CMO to take full ownership of our strategy, programs, and campaigns that support our next exciting stage of growth. Reporting into the CEO, you’ll lead our marketing functions, as well as become a core member of KOHO’s Senior Leadership Team.
As a seasoned marketer and leader with experience in content, demand generation, performance marketing, and product marketing, you’ll build on the successes of our growth team. You’ll be a critical driver of KOHO’s success in acquiring customers, retaining, and growing our user base. Most importantly, you’ll play a pivotal role in delivering Canadians a financial solution that helps them get ahead.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Effectively develop a holistic, data-oriented marketing strategy that includes demand generation, brand, lifecycle, product marketing, content marketing, partnerships, and any other programs deemed necessary
- Work directly with Product team, User success, Operations and Tech to deliver on growth objectives and consistent consumer experience
- Lead, coach, and expand the growth marketing team as you create alignment and set priorities while developing the growth team to their full potential
- Establish clear KPIs and processes for reporting on the effectiveness of marketing efforts and leverage marketing analytics to empower data-driven decisions
- Understand market and consumer trends, competitive landscape, and themes in the financial management/banking sector
- Measure marketing initiatives to demonstrate contribution to growth of KOHO’s business objectives while providing actionable insight on a consistent basis
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years experience in marketing/growth
- Experience leading a team or function at a late stage, high growth b2c or b2b company
- Mastery of the data and analytics tooling and infrastructure
- 5+ years direct work experience in a high-growth, B2C fast pace company
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- You know how to develop, evolve, and execute a data-driven, cross-functional marketing strategy
- Proven strategic marketer, but also a hands-on leader who’s willing to embody a make-it-happen mindset
- History of developing, inspiring, retaining, and coaching high performing marketing teams to drive attainment of ambitious company objectives
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• Be An Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?