Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
KOHO is looking for an Intermediate-level Analytics Engineer to work with our data analytics, engineering, data science, and machine learning teams. This role is for you if you are passionate about modeling data in a way that empowers end users to answer their own questions.
The successful candidate will report to the Analytics Engineering Lead, and will spend their time transforming, testing, deploying, and documenting data leveraging dbt while applying software engineering best practices across the analytics code base. This role will also include the ownership of dbt across the organization and collaboration with data leadership related to all aspects of analytics engineering for the firm.
Please Note: This is a remote position and is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will use dbt to deliver and maintain clean, transformed data models ready for analytic and data science use cases
- You will understand business needs and translate requirements to meet those needs
- You will troubleshoot variances in reports, and strive to eliminate them at the source
- You will document data models and provide training as needed
- You will apply software engineer best practices to analytics code including version control, testing, and continuous integration
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience handling, manipulating, and documenting data
- You have strong expertise in SQL, data warehouse design, and data lake architectures
- You have intermediate expertise across python programming
- You are an excellent problem solver with strong communication skills
- You have experience with dbt, BI tool administration, and data platforms
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.
See more open positions at KOHO Financial
Something looks off?